Monday, August 10, 2026

Stack & Slice

Stopped in to try this new food truck at the Charge Up. They have meal combos--I got the Smash Deal and saved about $3 on a Smash double burger, fries and a lemonade. Added the mini pancakes. It was all ready in about 15 minutes.

The lemonade is excellent, a must try. I got the pomegranate flavor. Not a lot of pomegranate, just a hint really, but the lemonade is great. Sweet but not too sweet and lightly carbonated, with real squeezed lemons. Yum.

The burger was a very good one. The patties are cooked just right with crisp edges. Comes with cheese, pickles and a special sauce, enough that it slides a bit, but very tasty. The fries are the standard kind but they were cooked just right and well seasoned, a nice complement.

The mini pancakes are an intriguing concept but kind of a miss for me. Lots of tiny pancakes with a lot of chocolate sauce, too much sauce I think. I could see this working on a dessert plate but they aren't great out of a to go container. They have a Dubai chocolate version and a Dubai chocolate cup (chocolate without the pancakes I think), but the cup was $15, a bit rich for me.

Service was friendly. Overall I think it's a solid food truck choice. The alternative name is Zabiha Halal, but I don't know that the Stack and Slice menu has Halal food--the loaded fries come with bacon, which as far as I know does not qualify. They also serve pizza, including a Malai Tikka pizza that looks interesting.  The truck is at this location Tuesday-Friday. On the weekend it is in Bridgestone park down on 2920.

No comments:

Post a Comment