The Common Bond places are mostly known for breakfast and lunch, but this one is open in the evening so we went in for dinner. We got a Nashville hot chicken sandwich with Asian slaw, the pork belly deviled eggs, chicken pozole soup, and finished with a tropical cheesecake entrement.
The pork belly deviled eggs are a snack item. The filling does not have vinegar in it so no bite, and they are generously glazed in hot honey. They are topped with a savory and salty cube of pork belly that was cooked just right. I scooped mine up with a fork and ate it whole, and it was a delicious bite. Savory, crunchy and sweet all together. I can recommend them but keep an open mind.The Nashville hot chicken sandwich was a good representation--the breading was nice and crisp and the chicken was tender. There was a drizzle of hot honey and the breading had some spice, so overall I would say medium spicy--not quite Dave's Hot Chicken but that's fine with me. The Asian slaw was very tasty, sweet with a strong peanut component.
The chicken pozole soup is good for gluten sensitive folks--it has hominy and gluten-free tortilla strips, some cabbage and onions, and lots of chicken. The bowl is a very large serving, plenty for two meals. I found it very lime-forward but enjoyed it--I would say it is a chicken tortilla soup without the avocado. At $9 it is one of the best values on the menu.
I got the tropical cheesecake entrement because it was so pretty. It's passion fruit cheesecake mousse with a crunchy guava coconut filling on a coconut cookie, with coconut chantilly, passion fruit jelly and guava jelly decorations. The bright and enticing appearance makes it taste better. It comes on a little bronzed platter that complements it well. A must-see and very worth trying.
The interior is colorful and appetizing. The restrooms were clean and ready. At this point you can tell that the staff is still training but everyone had a great attitude. I would give it a 4.5 and round up. The menu is huge, they serve breakfast all day and there are lots of choices for meals. Panera had gone downhill and this is a very good replacement.
No comments:
Post a Comment