Monday, July 20, 2026

Texas Hideout

I stopped in on a weekend to have lunch. Got the Burger Jam with fries and washed it down with a St. Arnold Art Car on tap. Finished with an ice cream sandwich.

This place was the Rusty Horseshoe until recently and Texas Hideout has a lot in common with it. Same basic layout and attractions. The menu has items in common with Rusty Horseshoe but has added quite a bit. They now have a Healthy Food section and serve brunch on Sundays.

I can absolutely recommend the Burger Jam if you like a bacon burger. They make a garlic bacon aioli in house and spread it on the burger, then add plenty of crisp bacon. The topping has great flavor and adds a bit of sweetness--don't put ketchup on it! The bun was nicely charred on the grill. It's a great sandwich. The fries are the same as they were under the previous name, Rusty Horseshoe--a unique curved steak fry wedge that's nice and crisp on the outside and tender inside.

The Waffle Sundae is still on the menu and if they have not changed it, it is a great choice. I wanted to get the banana pudding but they were out of it. I finished with an ice cream sandwich and it was fine, maybe a bit soft in the heat but that's expected.

The place was very quiet at noon on a weekend. Service was very attentive as I was the only one in the great big bar. Pro tip for the management--the staff currently parks along the back edge of the lot, as they should. But when I drove up it actually looked like the place was closed. You might try asking the staff to park in the main section of the lot so it looks like customers are there at Friday and Saturday lunch--then they move before Happy Hour. Couldn't hurt.

My Yelp Review

No comments:

Post a Comment